6 best cordless stick vacuums of 2023 powerful and quiet models
Over time, technology evolves and offers us more and more facilities in our daily lives. In the field of cleaning, we can find devices such as cordless vacuum cleaners that are very useful. Because they allow us to clean quickly and comfortably.
You can find them with many different functions and wide price ranges (from 100 to 700 €). One could characterize an excellent cordless vacuum cleaner because it is powerful and quiet.
Choosing the best powerful vacuum cleaner is only accessible if you have yet to research. We are therefore going to show you a selection of the best models and a buying guide to choose it well.
You can also check The 6 Best Ash Vacuums of 2023 Comparison
INSE Cordless Vacuum, 12KPa Powerful Vacuum Cleaner
INSE Cordless Vacuum: A handheld vacuum cleaner with a large tank, ideal for large homes, all at an excellent price
If you’re not a big tech fan and are looking for a handy vacuum at a reasonable price. I think you’ll love the Hoover H-free.
It comes with only 2 accessories. The essentials. It also doesn’t have an LCD screen, sensors, or other extras, but that makes it very easy to use. As for Hoover, it has a system they call “One Touch” that lets you empty the tank. With just one click, the roller can be removed from the side for easy cleaning, and the filter is washable.
The Hoover H-Free is a 2-in-1, which you can take apart to use as a handheld vacuum cleaner. Its design allows you to have all the attachments in the broom itself. It stands upright (parking mode) and takes up very little space, allowing you to store it in any corner. This also includes a wall bracket if you prefer to hang it. It has 2 power levels, an LED light on the brush to see the dirt better, and an LED battery level indicator.
One thing I would improve in this model is the material of the wheels, which are made of very soft rubber and eventually wear out. It’s not one of the most powerful, so I don’t see it as a good option for high-pile carpets. But it‘s more than enough for standard cleaning, and the 900ml tank is one of the largest in the market. This, along with the trigger lock mode, is great for vacuuming large areas.
- The battery is Lithium-Ion and is removable so you can purchase a spare separately.
- The dimensions are 120x16x26cm.
- Although it allows you to lock the trigger for continuous use. I didn’t find it intuitive because if you tap once, you select turbo mode, and if you tap twice, you select turbo mode. Normal mode.
- Very practical and good value for money
- The largest tank capacity in the comparison
- Easy to use and clean
- LED light on the brush
- Stands up (parking mode)
- Removable battery
- Mode selection on the confusing trigger
- Too little power for high-pile carpets
- Wheel quality could be improved.
- Basic accessories
BLACK+DECKER Powerseries Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
BLACK+DECKER: Versatile and all-in-one upright vacuum cleaner. It maintains constant power even with a full tank.
A common problem with many handheld vacuum cleaners is that performance drops when the tank starts to get full. This is precisely what the BLACK+DECKER solves thanks to its RobustAir technology, which maintains the suction power until there is no longer a speck of dust.
The Flexxo is a 2-in-1, and what I like is that all the accessories are built into the broom itself, and you can take apart and combine what you need; handheld vacuum cleaner, extension tube, upholstery brush everything at your fingertips to clean furniture, sofas, corners, ceilings, and even the car.
It has 2 power levels, although the handheld vacuum cleaner can only be used on the lowest power setting.
The push broom is motorized with a speed of 4600rpm, so it is very effective on all floors and even carpets. However, I wouldn’t recommend it for vacuuming shag carpets.
This model has a motor at the bottom, which allows it to stand up or be in parking mode, but has the disadvantage of not being able to vacuum under the bed or the sofa. Also, I wonder if the tank release tab is plastic and needs to be treated carefully.
- The battery is of the Lithium-Ion type. BLACK+DECKER batteries are known for their quality and durability.
- Its dimensions are 26.5x18x115cm, and it weighs about 3 kg.
- The charging cable is 1 meter long. It has a charge level indicator but no charging base.
- No power off when the battery low
- Stands up (parking mode)
- Can’t vacuum under bed or sofa
- Fragile opening flap
- No charging base
- No LED lights
Dirt Devil Power Swerve Pet, Lightweight Cordless Stick Upright Vacuum Cleaner,
Dirt Devil: An ideal vacuum cleaner for pets’ hair.
The terror of pet hair! The Dirt Devil is the perfect solution if you’re tired of your pet’s hair wandering around the floor, bed, or sofa.
The Dirt Devil is a 2-in-1, as it can be disassembled to be used as a handheld vacuum cleaner and has an 18v battery, which gives it good power to clean all types of floors effectively.
But what I find super original in this model is that it includes a brush with a pedal that activates a blade to cut the hairs, which helps the vacuum to swallow them. It sounds so simple. It eliminates in one fell swoop the main problem that makes many vacuum cleaners unsuitable for pets’ hair clogs. This also includes another special brush to remove pet hair from upholstery (long or short).
The brush includes an LED light to see the dirt better and rotates 180º, which allows it to be used effortlessly with one hand. It includes a floor charging base (I like it better than wall bases because you don’t have to drill holes to hang it up), and it takes up very little space.
The tank is effortless to disassemble and clean, but if you are allergic, you should know that when you empty it, the dust is exposed in the filter. Also, the 500ml capacity is not the largest, so you need to empty it frequently.
Although you can also use it on carpets, I don’t think it’s the best option for this purpose, not that it’s worthless, but there are better options. It’s also not suitable for sucking up liquids and isn’t the most comfortable for vacuuming under the bed or sofa (because the motor is on the bottom).
- This handheld vacuum cleaner has two filters (no HEPA filter) and can be washed under running water. The vacuum cleaner can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- The charging base cable is 1.6 meters long.
- The battery is a 2100mAh lithium-ion battery, so there is no memory effect, and you can leave it charging all the time without damaging it.
- The handheld vacuum cleaner has limitations, as it does not allow the power to be changed (it always works in turbo mode).
- Its dimensions are 26.5×14.5×114.5, and it weighs 2.80 kg (the handheld vacuum cleaner weighs 0.90 kg).
- Has a parking mode (standing)
- Small footprint
- Brush with hair cutting system.
- Good quality materials
- The position of the motor makes it difficult to vacuum under objects.
- The hand vacuum only works in turbo mode.
- No fixing for narrow surfaces
PRETTYCARE Cordless Vacuum Cleaner,
PRETTYCARE: An all-in-one stick vacuum for carpets and all floor types
The PRETTYCARE is a cordless vacuum suitable for all types of floors, such as parquet, marble, stoneware, and wood… and it works very well on carpets, whether short or long piles.
It has 2 power levels, the lowest is enough to clean sand, dust, or dirt, and the highest sucks up pet hair and even long hair without any problem. And while it is true that they can get tangled in the rotating brush, they do not get stuck and are easily removed because this brush is effortless to disassemble.
The Speedpro is well built, the handheld vacuum cleaner detaches from the wand with the press of a button, the extension wand includes a brush on the back to clean while you vacuum lamps, furniture, or the ceiling, and the tank is completely detachable and can be washed with the filter under the tap. It also has LED lighting, and the brush rotates 180º, significantly facilitating vacuuming stairs and corners.
If you are looking for an all-in-one with which to vacuum the sofa, carpets, floors, and even under the bed, this handheld vacuum cleaner will meet your expectations. However, it lacks details that could be improved, such as the 400 ml tank, which is a bit tight, and the fact that it does not stand up (parking mode), which forces it to be left on its base.
- The battery is of the Lithium Ion type and is available in two versions: 18v or 25.2v.
- It includes cyclonic technology, which makes it more efficient at separating dust from the air.
- It takes about 5 hours to finish charging, and the charger is magnetic. In addition, it includes support to hang it on the wall.
- On the handle is an LED display that shows the battery charge level.
- It can be cleaned under the bed or sofa.
- Suitable for carpets, including high pile carpets
- Motorized brush with LED light
- Basic accessories
- Does not stay in “parking mode.”
ROOMIE TEC Cordless Vacuum Cleaner,
ROOMIE TEC: A handheld cleaner with a pointed head to vacuum corners
Vacuum brooms have been a revolution (at least for me) in fighting dirt, but most models have an Achilles heel. The corners are where stubborn dirt hides! But for this problem, there are also perfect models like the ROOMIE TEC, which with its pointed brush, allows you to vacuum corners, stairs, and all kinds of nooks.
This vacuum has 2 power levels, normal is enough for dirt, dust, rice grains, pet hair, and even cat litter, and a turbo mode for those specific times when you need to give “a little more.” Power “. Please note that the manufacturer specifies that the turbo mode cannot be used on carpets. This carpet power may not be sufficient for high-pile carpets.
It is suitable for all types of floors, including parquet, and is very easy to handle, as the brush rotates in any position, making it easy to vacuum under furniture.
It does not have a HEPA filter, but it does have a dual filter system that achieves virtually the same level of filtration as a HEPA filter. The brush is motorized, has an LED light, and can be removed at the push of a button. It remains in parking mode (standing)
From my perspective, it’s a great option if you have stairs or lots of furniture or corners, but it does have a few downsides; It doesn’t have a battery indicator, the tab that holds the tank is plastic, and I feel flimsy, and it doesn’t include any accessories.
- The charging system is via a small charger, similar to a mobile phone, and can be used while charging (although very limited by cable length).
- The battery is a 25.2V lithium-ion battery.
- The dimensions are 20.4×24.9×119.4cm.
- Includes an acoustic foam system that reduces noise to 72 dB.
- Very effective brush in nooks and crannies
- A highly efficient double filter system
- The quietest vacuum cleaner in the comparison (72dB)
- Accessories not included
- Fragile tank flap
- No battery indicator
- Not suitable for high-pile carpets
Samsung Jet 70 Pet Stick Cordless Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner
Samsung Jet 70: An ideal broom vacuum cleaner for people with allergies or respiratory problems, thanks to its 5-stage HEPA filter
Roidmi is a handheld vacuum cleaner brand that belongs to Xiaomi, and the Samsung Jet 70 is the upgraded version of the, but with more suction power and rigid materials. The previous model was one of the best sellers on the market, and this one follows the same path.
The motor of this model reaches 110,000 rpm, which gives this vacuum cleaner great suction power ( 23500PA ), similar to rechargeable canister vacuums or the all-powerful Dyson v8. It also has a long battery life, lasting up to 60 minutes (at a slow speed).
The quality of the Roidmi is noticeable. As soon as I opened the box, I had the same feeling as when I opened a high-end smartphone, all the parts were perfectly assembled, and there was no play or flaw. I was also very impressed with the anti-mite upholstery brush, which makes sofas or mattresses look new (removes pet hair in one pass).
The brush is motorized and includes an LED light with a light sensor, so it only turns on automatically when needed. It also has a safety system that blocks the vacuum if, for some reason, dust enters the engine compartment.
It has Bluetooth and can be connected to a smartphone to control some settings in the app, although from my point of view in this aspect, it has a lot to improve since I only see the option to save the power of suction, so you don’t have to select it every time you turn it on.
- This model has been improved compared to the previous version in several aspects, 10,000 rpm more, 5 minutes more autonomy, and 1 more filter stage. However, the new model did not include the expandable tube.
- The battery is from Samsung and is 2500mAh, with a 3-hour quick charge. Autonomy is 60 minutes in normal mode, 40 minutes in medium mode, and 10 minutes in turbo mode, although the latter is only used on rare occasions.
- In the mobile app, you can select and save power to 80w, 130w, or 180w.
- It comes with a spare filter, they are washable, and you can also buy spares.
- At minimum power, it sucks up cat hair and sand with little effort.
- It is very ergonomic since it has a 270º handle that allows it to be easily handled with one hand. Also, there is no need to hold down the trigger, as it has a continuous operation mode with just one touch.
- Something else to appreciate is that the manufacturer gives a 5-year warranty on the engine and 2 years on the components, which gives an idea of the manufacturer’s quality.
- The tank is effortless to clean, it opens with a simple “click” to empty it, and it can be disassembled into 3 parts, which significantly facilitates cleaning under the tap.
- High suction power
- Very effective cleaning
- Good quality materials
- light sensor
- Spare filter included
- Smartphone control could be improved.
Guide to choosing the right cordless stick vacuum cleaner
Although stick vacuums have been on the market for over a decade, they are only now beginning to position themselves as an alternative to traditional canister and robot vacuums.
Although these devices were discarded initially for their lack of power and autonomy, today, they can offer an excellent suction capacity and are characterized by their ease of use, lightness, and low volume.
But with so many different models and brands, buying a handheld vacuum cleaner can be a challenge. In this buying guide, we will answer questions about these devices.
What is a stick vacuum?
If there is an indispensable tool in any home, it is the broom to clean the floor. Still, we all know the disadvantages that its use entails, especially for allergy sufferers: by sweeping the floor, we raise many particles of dust that settle on the rest of the room’s surfaces, which means that the cleaning results are not the most effective or the healthiest.
Cordless stick vacuum cleaners eliminate this problem because we are talking about a small household appliance that allows us to clean the dust from the different surfaces of our homes in a very comfortable and efficient way.
These devices resemble a manual broom (hence their name) and are characterized by their small volume and lightness. They have a very compact vertical design, and their handle is generally foldable. These features make this handheld vacuum cleaner beneficial for people with tiny homes who don’t need to clean large areas or those who need more storage space.
Corded or cordless stick vacuum cleaner?
Stick vacuums are available with or without a cord. A corded upright vacuum offers greater suction power but has the disadvantage of not allowing freedom of movement, as you must have an outlet nearby to use it.
Despite their lower power and limited autonomy, Cordless stick vacuum cleaners are preferred by most consumers because they facilitate cleaning by allowing complete freedom of movement and, therefore, more excellent maneuverability and ease of use.
Types of Cordless Stick Vacuums
All cordless stick vacuums have 2 features in common: they are bagless and are powered by a lithium battery, hence their small size.
However, there are three different types of upright vacuum cleaners with different performance levels depending on the features they offer. Let’s look at each of them and their pros and cons.
- 1-in-1 Stick Vacuum: These are the alternative to canister vacuums. They are recommended for cleaning rugs, carpets, or any hard floor, and their advantages include their ergonomics, lightness, and ease of storage. In terms of performance, although they offer the best results on the floor, their main drawback is that they are less versatile, as they are not suitable for cleaning furniture, upholstery, and high surfaces.
- 2-in-1 cordless stick vacuum cleaners: These models are suitable for quick cleaning. The main difference with 1-in-1 models is that they offer greater functionality and versatility since they can be used as a handheld vacuum. However, it should be borne in mind that these models aim to offer a more compact and lighter design and therefore have less power and range, which means that they lose a little efficiency on the ground and that their reservoir is usually smaller.
- Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners: These are the most recent models. Although brands such as Bosch and Philips are increasingly present on the market, Dyson is the primary reference for this type of vacuum cleaner. Dyson upright vacuum cleaners are characterized by the fact that they offer all the characteristics that you can look for in these devices: speed, autonomy, ease of use, power, and comfort. Their incredible versatility and lightness make them easy to handle and lift with one hand while being suitable for cleaning all surfaces.
Which vacuum cleaner do you choose: broom, canister, or robot?
Now that we know what they are and the types of cordless upright vacuums, let’s see how they differ from a canister vacuum and a robot vacuum.
All three types of vacuums perform the same cleaning function, and we can’t say one model is better than another; they have different uses. Therefore, in order not to make the wrong choice, it is crucial to start by defining the current cleaning needs or the use that will be made of this device.
Canister vacuum cleaner
They are the traditional vacuum cleaners, and although they are the least ergonomic, they stand out for their excellent suction power and the inclusion of many accessories that facilitate the cleaning of all types of surfaces and areas. Difficult to access.
These vacuums are suitable for cleaning large areas or homes with carpets or many rugs.
They offer the most thorough cleaning results thanks to their power but have the disadvantage of being heavier and bulkier, making them more challenging to handle, transport, and store.
If you’re going for a canister model, I’d recommend going with a bagless vacuum because they’re more convenient, and you save the hassle and extra expense of replacing bags.
These are the easiest to use, as all you have to do is press a button. After that they automatically turn on, cleaning quickly and efficiently while you do other tasks.
They are recommended for those who have little time but want effective results in their daily home cleaning.
These models offer navigation, timer, or even cleaning functions in the most advanced models.
On the other hand, they are not suitable for cleaning sofas or car interiors, nor are they the most effective for cleaning corners.
What aspects should you consider before choosing a stick vacuum?
If you have already decided that a cordless upright vacuum cleaner is the most suitable device for your cleaning needs, now is the time to review the points you must keep sight of for it to give—the results you expect from him.
This is the first value to consider because it will determine the efficiency of the device you buy. To find out, it is necessary to analyze three different terms:
- Motor power: This point represents the electrical consumption of the device and is indicated in watts. The fact that the vacuum cleaner has a high motor power does not necessarily mean that it has a high suction capacity since this will depend on its efficiency, that is, on how the device transforms the engine’s power into suction power.
- Suction power: This value determines the vacuum cleaner’s cleaning capacity when it is spotless. Most manufacturers speak qualitatively on this point, i.e., they give us “high suction power” as a benchmark.
Manufacturers that specify it does so using different parameters:
- Air Watts: This parameter indicates the watts the device uses to transport a unit of air from the nozzle to the reservoir. Not to be confused with watts because this value indicates the device’s energy consumption rather than the device’s suction capacity.
- Kilopascals: The force creates a vacuum that allows the device to suck. Another measure used to measure suction power is, therefore, the pascal. This value indicates the pressure exerted by the force of Newton on a surface of one square meter.
- Actual suction power: This parameter refers to the actual performance of the vacuum cleaner during use and involves factors such as the filter system, the head model, the power of the motor itself, or the design of the body of the vacuum cleaner. The device. In general, the manufacturers indicate the maximum suction power. Still, it must be taken into account that this is not entirely real since it is normal for losses to occur through the joints or due to the progressive deterioration caused by dirt and use.
Depending on your cleaning needs, you must consider how many attachments the vacuum cleaner includes.
If you only want to vacuum carpets and floors, a basic model with a brush and an extension tube will be more than enough.
On the other hand, if you want a device for deeper cleaning (dusting, boots, high or hard-to-reach areas, upholstery, etc.), you will need to invest in a high-end stick vacuum, because these models include a wide range of accessories that simplify the cleaning task: elbows, nozzles for furniture, brush for upholstery, wall bracket, etc. If you have a dog or a cat, you should choose a pet hair vacuum cleaner with specific attachments for pet hair.
It is already clear that ergonomics, lightness, and the absence of cords are the main characteristics of these devices. For them to offer these qualities, you will need to consider the design and materials.
Stick vacuum cleaners must be constantly manipulated to change accessories or to empty the tank, so pay attention to the materials used (aluminum for the top of the range and plastic for the less expensive) as well as the fixings, which must be resistant to guarantee the durability of the product.
In terms of design, to be easy to handle with one hand, they should ideally have a sturdy design but weigh no more than 3 kg.
Mid-range and high-end models also feature an articulating tube and an LED light in the brush to optimize the cleaning task.
Besides the life of all the batteries decreases over time, if you do not want your cleaning sessions to be half-finished, the device’s autonomy is another characteristic that you must keep in mind. Spirit.
Some higher-end models can offer up to 90 minutes of runtime, but most upright vacuums offer 30 to 60 minutes of runtime.
This figure always corresponds to the lowest suction power mode; these values are significantly reduced when the vacuum cleaner is used in full power mode.
It is also advisable to check the charging times. If the battery runs out while cleaning, a model that charges as quickly as possible is always recommended. It is also advisable to opt for stick vacuum cleaners with a removable battery so that they can be replaced or have a spare battery to extend the duration of use of the device.
This system uses the centrifugal force of the air current circulating inside the appliance to separate the particles and dirt in the air sucked in, which are then retained inside the tank.
The smallest particles that escape this first level are trapped in the microfilters that the system incorporates so that the expelled air goes through a new filtering process to come out clean.
Reservoir and filter
For lightness and ergonomics, stick vacuums sacrifice the size of the tank. Since manufacturers recommend emptying it after use, this element must be robust, easy to handle, and clean.
The filters must be effective enough to trap dust and dirt particles before the air is forced out of the device. This point is particularly interesting for all people who suffer from respiratory or allergic problems. In this case, it is advisable to choose a vacuum cleaner equipped with a HEPA filter since these are the ones that achieve an efficiency of 99.97% when it comes to retaining particles with a diameter equal to or greater than 0 .3 microns.
These vacuums are generally quiet, but if you are bothered by noise, you should ensure that it does not exceed 80 dB. Beyond this value, the vacuum cleaner is considered noisy.
Which handheld vacuum cleaner Do You Need?
Stick vacuums feature a universal brush suitable for cleaning all floors, but in many situations, more is needed. It also consumes less electricity than robot vacuums. Here are some tips to help you choose the suitable device for your cleaning needs.
If you have pets at home
The universal brush can pick up pet hair on hard surfaces.
Another question is whether it will do this as effectively on stricter surfaces like sofas or carpets. To ensure good cleaning results, your vacuum cleaner should be equipped with a turbo brush or a unique bristle roller.
If you are allergic
We have already mentioned that HEPA filters are the most effective at retaining the tiniest particles (hair, pollen, dust mites, etc.), so for anyone who suffers from respiratory problems or allergies, the recommendation is to go for an anti-mite vacuum cleaner or a vacuum cleaner that incorporates this filtering system.
Likewise, the vacuum cleaner must have a good suction capacity since it is the only way to remove the smallest particles in the area to be cleaned.
It would help if you also considered that the filters’ maintenance and cleaning are straightforward. Dirty filters will prevent the device from vacuuming properly, and allergens will still be in the air.
Here you will find the best vacuum cleaners for allergy sufferers.
If you have parquet
Although the universal brush can clean the parquet well, dust can get stuck in the grooves. Therefore, a specific brush is sometimes necessary for a good parquet cleaning.
This is a narrow brush designed specially optimized for this type of floor and protects it from scratches.
If you have carpets
In this case, you will need a device with excellent suction power and a battery with long autonomy that will allow you to operate it at full speed.
Many models include a specific attachment for soft floors, carpets, and rugs, which provides better cleaning results with fewer passes than the universal brush. It is a turbo brush with a rotating design and bristles that help pick up hair or other particles caught in the carpet weave.
If you want to remove stains from carpets or upholstery, the best option is a vacuum cleaner or an injector-extractor vacuum.
Best vacuum cleaner brands
Brands such as Bosch, Rowenta, Cecotec, Philips, and Taurus offer mid-range vacuums worth considering due to their price/performance ratio.
For example, Rowenta, with its Air Force Extreme range, offers us the most competitive 1-in-1 upright broom models of the moment. The Xiaomi
brand Roidimi F8 Storm model incorporates a motor that offers a performance very comparable to that of the Dyson brand. If you are looking for lightness and versatility, the Bosch Flexxo Series 4 is an option you should consider.